November 13, 2023
WEEHAWKEN, N.J. — The 2023 Collaborative Care Symposium will be held December 2-3 at the EnVue Hotel in Weehawken, New Jersey, and registration is open now. The event, “Better Together: A Unified Approach to Refractive Surgery and Keratoconus,” is chaired by Steven A. Greenstein, MD, Peter S. Hersh, MD, FACS, and John D. Gelles, OD, FAAO.
This live symposium will cover all aspects of refractive surgery and keratoconus care, including:
- The role of myopia management in refractive surgery
- The importance of pre-operative dry eye treatment
- Pre-op and post-op considerations in corneal refractive procedures, phakic IOL, refractive lens exchange, and cataracts
- How MIGS fits into the care of patients undergoing cataract surgery
- Topical and surgical options for presbyopia
- The continuum of care for keratoconus — CXL, new surgical options, advancements in contact lenses, how to successfully co-manage patients, and medicolegal aspects of co-management.
Attendees can also look forward to workshops on diagnostics and dry eye treatments, as well as collaborative panels that will explore various nuances of the field, with plenty of time for Q&A.
Speakers for the event include:
- Christopher Starr, MD, FACS
- Pratik Patel, OD, FAAO
- Larae Zimprich, OD, FAAO
- Daniel Terveen, MD
- Allison Shuren, JD
- William Tullo, OD, FAAO
Registration is open to all physicians, optometrists, practice administrators, and technicians. Only COPE credits will be provided. The registration fee for attendance is $199, and includes both days of education. Space is limited to 200 attendees.